- All dogs more than three months of age must be licensed (ORC 955.01)
- The standard licensing period runs December 1 to January 31
- Licenses purchased after January 31 are subject to a late penalty equal to the amount of the license.
- One year licenses are available for purchase online. Three year and permanent licenses are available at the Auditor’s Office.
- For dogs that are not spayed or neutered; One year dog licenses are $28; Three year dog licenses are $84; Permanent dog licenses are $280. Licenses purchased are non-refundable.
- For dogs that are spayed or neutered; One year dog licenses are $18; Three year dog licenses are $54; Permanent dog licenses are $180. Licenses purchased are non-refundable.
- Puppy licenses are $9 and are available after July 1st for puppies that become 3 months of age after July 1st. These are only available through the Auditor's Office or through outside vendors. Puppy licenses are not available online.
Kennel licenses are $80 for 5 tags. Additional tags are $1 per tag. Kennel licenses purchased after January 31st are $160.
Additional tags go to $2 per tag. Kennel licenses are only available at the Auditor’s Office.
2023 Dog License Application
2023 Kennel License Application
Dog License Information
Dog License Brochure
Assistance Dog License Standards